Senior Property Manager
Built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, excellence and an enduring commitment to community, Argus Properties is one of British Columbia's great companies. Based in Kelowna, with over 50 years in the industry, Argus owns, manages and develops a multi-disciplined real estate portfolio, including industrial, retail, office, residential and hotel properties.
We believe in responsible and sustainable development in our communities. Our dedication is to excellence and quality, and our promise to develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality and efficiency is our focus. Our extensive portfolio of properties include; innovative commercial buildings, hotels, modern residential developments and versatile business parks.
At the heart of our business is innovation, and the hardworking dedication of our employees, our main building blocks.
Why Join Argus?
- The focus is you.
- Challenging work with leading-edge innovation.
- A company-wide commitment to training and development for all individuals.
- Recognized as an individual, unique and supported throughout your career.
- Talented and friendly co-workers who love a good laugh!
- Company events where you can connect with the team.
- We are a diverse and inclusive group.
Reporting directly to the Director, Property Management, the Senior Property Manager is responsible for the performance of the duties outlined below as associated with the management of an assigned portfolio of properties. The individual will have strong commercial property management background, with a strong experience within residential property management. The individual will work closely and cooperatively within the entire organization – property management, maintenance, accounting, construction, and leasing - to ensure appropriate and timely response to tenant and property requirements.
The individual should be competent in the interpretation and application of commercial lease agreements, as well as contract negotiation and administration. They must have a positive attitude, be professional, and able to handle themselves well in all situations. Strong written and verbal communication skills in a business environment is an indispensable asset.
- Responsible for ensuring tenant satisfaction and loyalty through customer service initiatives, and consistent and appropriate communication with each tenant. Prompt response to inquiries and requests by way of formal correspondence, email, phone, and/or periodic meetings;
- Coordination of incoming and outgoing commercial tenancies. Understanding of the residential move-in, move-out and annual condition inspections required for overflow and team support;
- Preparation: annual operating and capital budgets; consistent review of monthly financial statements to identify variances and trends that may require correction, and report as required;
- Prepare and maintain processes and procedures around property reporting.
- Oversees the residential manager, and the maintenance team ensuring task and project completion;
- Timely collection of rent and other receivables in accordance with the lease and established company policy;
- Establish, maintain, and monitor property specific preventative repair and maintenance programs; recommend, coordinate and complete planned capital improvement programs;
- Obtain quotations from vendors, provide reasoned recommendations, and issue purchase orders as necessary;
- A strong knowledge of maintenance and repairs, and WorkSafe BC’s health and safety regulations;
- Routine inspection of properties to ensure a consistent standard of care in accordance with company objectives;
- Secures properties by contracting with security patrol service; installing and maintaining security devices; establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures; responding to emergencies;
- Contract administration; ensure fair administration of lease agreements and service contracts;
- Identify and evaluate underperforming properties and develop/implement methods for property to achieve its potential;
- Availability for after-hour response for emergencies outside normal business hours;
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director, Property Management.
- 3-5 years commercial property management experience;
- 2-3 years residential property management experience, experience in strata would be considered;
- Formal education and/or property management designations preferred;
- Knowledge of general accounting practices, financial and analytical capabilities, capital planning, budgeting, and reporting;
- Experience in contract administration and negotiation preferred; project management skills and experience would be an asset;
- Must be able to multi-task and adjust priorities appropriately;
- Proactive, collaborative approach to problem solving, seeking solutions;
- Adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate a high level of client service and response.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel for Windows; Yardi Voyager experience (or similar property management/accounting software) would be beneficial;
- Occasional travel may be required.
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone in advance for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview and any next steps will be contacted.