Property Management Administrator
Built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, excellence and an enduring commitment to community, Argus Properties is one of British Columbia's great companies. Based in Kelowna, with over 50 years in the industry, Argus owns, manages and develops a multi-disciplined real estate portfolio, including industrial, retail, office, residential and hotel properties.
We believe in responsible and sustainable development in our communities. Our dedication is to excellence and quality, and our promise to develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality and efficiency is our focus. Our extensive portfolio of properties include; innovative commercial buildings, hotels, modern residential developments and versatile business parks
We strive to encourage appreciation and respect for one another, and to work collaboratively as a team to focus our passion to drive the company forward as an innovator within the industry.
Why Join Argus?
- The focus is you.
- Challenging work with leading-edge innovation.
- A company-wide commitment to training and development for all individuals.
- Recognized as an individual, unique and supported throughout your career.
- Talented and friendly co-workers who love a good laugh!
- Company events where you can connect with the team.
- We are a diverse group of people, open to discussion and opinions.
18 months Contract for Maternity Leave
Reporting directly to the Director, Property Management, the Property Management Administrator will support the Property Managers in conducting the duties and responsibilities of the department. The individual will be the liaison person, and provide direction to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Resident Manager, and the maintenance crew regarding maintenance, repairs and renovations to all Argus Properties buildings. The individual will also be in direct contact with contractors and assist in overseeing projects relating to repairs and maintenance.
The individual must enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is fast paced, goal and result-driven, and community oriented. You must possess the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, including matters where confidentiality and sensitivity are required, be professional, and handle yourself well in all situations. You will have strong written and verbal communication skills, be organized, and have the ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize tasks when faced with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Mailing updates to emergency contact lists;
- Writing and coding purchase orders;
- Composing communication letters to tenants;
- Update and maintain services list;
- Assist with budgets, accounts receivable, and the analysis of them;
- Composing tenant letters for the collection of rent for accounts receivable;
- Arranging for repairs with the maintenance crew and contractors;
- Resolving issues with tenants when they arise through verbal communication first then written;
- Work with Resident Managers to move tenants in/out;
- Work with Resident Managers to resolve current issues, or be on site when necessary;
- Show residential suites when required;
- Work with the Tenancy Act for arbitrations;
- Perform credit checks, Prepare residential Lease Agreements, set up in system
- Receptionist coverage as needed;
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Director, Property Management.
- 2+ years’ previous experience in similar administrative support role;
- Formal education in business administration preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat and be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Yardi Tenant management systems is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle is an asset, mileage is reimbursed.