Built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, excellence and an enduring commitment to community, Argus Properties is one of British Columbia's great companies. Based in Kelowna, British Columbia and in business for over 50 years, Argus owns, manages and develops a multi-disciplined real estate portfolio, including industrial, retail, office, residential and hotel properties.
We believe in responsible and sustainable development in our communities. Our extensive portfolio of properties include; innovative commercial/industrial buildings, hotels, modern residential developments and versatile business parks.
We take pride in our dedication to excellence, our reputation for quality, and our promise to find or develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality, sustainability and efficiency.
At the heart of our business is innovation, and the hardworking dedication of our employees, our main building blocks.
Why Join Argus?
- The focus is you.
- Challenging work with leading-edge innovation.
- A company-wide commitment to training and development for all individuals.
- Recognized as an individual, unique and supported throughout your co-op experience.
- Talented and friendly co-workers who love a good laugh!
- Company events where you can connect with the team.
- We are a diverse group of people, open to discussion and opinions.
The Project Superintendent is responsible to oversee the construction process and is responsible for overall construction activities within the established design with planning, budget and scheduling guidelines. The ideal candidate will oversee the on-site coordination for all phases of residential multi-family, commercial and industrial construction. This will include coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. The Project Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety. Organization, communication, and time management skills are key abilities. The individual will work independently, as well as closely and cooperatively with Project Managers, Construction Crew and will report directly to the Director of Construction.
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion;
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work;
- Plan, schedule, organize, direct and control construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget;
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules;
- Oversee day-to-day field activities;
- Supervise the activities of subcontractors and crew;
- Ensure clear communication of project-specific roles and responsibilities for all site personnel by providing regular and respectful feedback for all under your direction;
- Ensure contractors complete non-work aspects of their contracts, such as warranty certificates, operation and maintenance information, and as-built drawings;
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions;
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution;
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team;
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed;
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner;
- Responsible for planning, organizing and managing all site construction manpower and materials, including site layout and setup;
- Monitor company equipment and supplies to ensure the needed equipment is where it’s required;
- Experienced and knowledgeable in matters of safety regulations, good health and safety practices, and set a good example for safety at all times;
- Actively promote the Argus Properties Occupational Health and Safety Program and support the implementation of the Program;
- Conduct employee orientations and safety meetings;
- Must be able to travel to the jobsite(s) as assigned;
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Journeyman trade certification or equivalent experience;
- Technical diploma and/or Gold Seal certification are considered assets;
- Five or more years’ experience in commercial and residential construction with thorough knowledge of trades;
- Three or more years of supervisory or management experience in the construction field;
- Experience on multi-floor concrete and wood frame residential construction projects;
- Experience with light industrial, commercial construction;
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances, legislation, and building codes;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans;
- Ability to plan for additional resources;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Windows (Outlook, Word, Excel), and Adobe Acrobat;
- Competent with computers including standard and construction specific software;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations;
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills promoting collaboration within teams;
- Must be able to multi-task and adjust priorities appropriately;
- Collaborative approach to problem solving;
- Observes safety and security procedures, determines appropriate action beyond guidelines and reports potentially unsafe conditions;
- Uses equipment and materials properly;
- Adapts to changes in the work environment by managing competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events;
- Strong work ethic;
- Able to work productively and independently equally with minimum supervision or cooperatively in a team environment;
- Able to build and maintain long term amicable working relationships;
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview and any next steps will be contacted.