Built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, excellence and an enduring commitment to community, Argus Properties is one of British Columbia's great companies. Based in Kelowna, British Columbia and celebrating its 50th year, Argus owns, manages and develops a multi-disciplined real estate portfolio, including industrial, retail, office, residential and hotel properties.
We believe in responsible and sustainable development in our communities. Our extensive portfolio of properties include; innovative commercial buildings, hotels, modern residential developments and versatile business parks.
We take pride in our dedication to excellence, our reputation for quality, and our promise to find or develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality, sustainability and efficiency.
At the heart of our business is innovation, and the hardworking dedication of our employees, our main building blocks.
Why Join Argus?
- The focus is you.
- Challenging work with leading-edge innovation.
- A company-wide commitment to training and development for all individuals.
- Recognized as an individual, unique and supported throughout your career.
- Talented and friendly co-workers who love a good laugh!
- Company events where you can connect with the team.
- We are a diverse group of people, open to discussion and opinions.
The Project Manager is responsible for the oversight and administration of building projects from design stage to permitting, construction and handover to the Property Management department. The Project Manager may work on new commercial, industrial, hotel and multi-family residential construction, tenant improvements and various maintenance and renovation projects. A Project Manager must have a good understanding of construction department administration, construction processes, scheduling and budgeting, tendering and contract preparation. Organization, communication, and time management skills are key abilities. The individual will work independently, as well as closely and cooperatively with other Project Managers, Construction Crew and will report directly to the Director of Construction.
- Work with the Director of Construction to develop a project concept and establish the key objectives for all projects;
- Experienced in a wide variety of building types, structural systems, and building envelopes;
- Versed in geotechnical matters related to building in varying soils conditions;
- Knowledgeable in building materials, products and their use and applications;
- Strong understanding of construction assembly and details;
- Good knowledge of the relative costs of building systems and details and the application of that knowledge to the benefit of the project;
- Fully conversant with construction drawings and documents;
- Knowledgeable and well experienced in quantity take-off, estimating, budgeting, cost control and historic cost records;
- Experienced in tendering processes;
- In-depth knowledge of standard form and self-drafted construction contracts;
- Skilled at producing, monitoring and controlling schedules;
- Experience in maintaining a high level of product quality control;
- Experienced in client relations and liaison;
- Experienced in all areas of project administrative processes;
- Experienced and knowledgeable in matters of safety regulations, good health and safety practices, and set a good example for safety at all times;
- Actively promote the Argus Properties Occupational Health and Safety Program and support the Site Superintendent’s jobsite implementation of the Program;
- Conversant with codes, regulations and other authoritative regulators;
- Experienced in project close-out, client liaison and move-in procedures, Development and Building Permit Coordination;
- Issue and receive tender and prepare construction contract in consultation with construction team;
- Break out the construction work into Trade Packages, and prepare Trade Scopes of Work and Tender and award contracts to qualified contractors;
- Ensure contracts are awarded in timely fashion to maintain the Project Master Schedule;
- Assist in maintaining project digital and hardcopy records;
- Maintain cost control records. Review and approved contractor invoices, progress claims and holdback releases as per the BC Builder Lien Act;
- Ensure contractors complete non-work aspects of their contracts, such as warranty certificates, operation and maintenance information, and as-built drawings;
- Coordinate and respond to Requests for Information between trades and contractors;
- Control of all changes in Contractor Work through the preparation and tracking of Contemplated Change Notices, Change Directives and Change Orders;
- Coordinate final inspections and submittals in order to receive the Occupancy/Temporary Occupancy Permit for the project;
- Compile and gather information for Operations and Maintenance Manuals and other project completion documentation;
- Turn over project(s) to the Property Management department at completion.
- Possess a Degree/Technology Diploma in Civil Engineering, or a combination of education and industry experience;
- Experience in budgets and estimating, creative drafting and design is an asset;
- Experience with the project administration process from pre-project design to post project;
- Previous work experience in the hospitality industry including hotels, restaurants and marinas;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Windows (Outlook, Word, Excel), and Adobe Acrobat;
- Competent with computers including standard and construction specific software;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong managerial skills;
- Strong mathematics skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills promoting collaboration within teams;
- Must be able to multi-task and adjust priorities appropriately;
- Collaborative approach to problem solving;
- Strong work ethic;
- Able to work productively and independently equally with minimum supervision or cooperatively in a team environment;
- Innate ability to visualize and understanding a building in all its intricacies during planning stages of a project;
- Able to build and maintain long term amicable working relationships.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview and any next steps will be contacted.