Built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, excellence and an enduring commitment to community, Argus Properties is one of British Columbia's great companies. Based in Kelowna, and celebrating its 50th year, Argus owns, manages and develops a multi-disciplined real estate portfolio, including industrial, retail, office, residential and hotel properties.
Headquartered in Kelowna, British Columbia, we believe in responsible and sustainable development in our communities. Our extensive portfolio of properties includes: innovative commercial buildings, hotels, modern residential developments and versatile business parks.
We take pride in our dedication to excellence, our reputation for quality, and our promise to find or develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality, sustainability and efficiency.
At the heart of our business is innovation, and the hardworking dedication of our employees, our main building blocks.
Why Join Argus?
- The focus is you.
- Challenging work with leading-edge innovation.
- A company-wide commitment to training and development for all individuals.
- Recognized as an individual, unique and supported throughout your career.
- Talented and friendly co-workers who love a good laugh!
- Company events where you can connect with the team.
- We are a diverse group of people, open to discussion and opinions.
You will work closely and cooperatively with the commercial and residential management team, as well as colleagues within the construction, accounting, and corporate departments. You will report directly to the Director of Property Management (DPM), and take direction and assignments from both the commercial and residential team members. This position includes 24/7 on-call responsibilities shared amongst the other Maintenance personnel. You will be required to be on call as scheduled outside of normal business hours.
This skilled maintenance position is responsible for the maintenance, inspection and day-to-day operations of the commercial and residential portfolio including upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment ensuring that all properties are maintained to the highest standard. This position will support seasonal maintenance, preventive maintenance schedules, landscaping, and both tenant and projects as directed. Must be familiar with WorkSafe practices relative to working alone, working on elevated platforms, working on roofs and ladders. Experience coordinating maintenance, repair work, and installation of equipment with other trade personnel is essential. You will be routinely called upon to diagnose and troubleshoot all types of building system issues, and must determine the proper method, tools, supplies and equipment for proper repair.
- Respond to Customer service requests, ensuring all standard procedures are adhered to and expectations are being met; effective troubleshooting is required;
- Follow up on past calls to ensure Customer satisfaction;
- Respond to all tenant service requests within a reasonable time, where delays are unavoidable, advice the affected Customer and Property Manager (PM);
- Conduct and document regular inspections of mechanical rooms, mechanical equipment, roof, common areas, tenant areas and construction areas to assess cleanliness, safety and efficiency;
- Periodic roof inspections will be required to ensure litter and organic debris is controlled, and roof drain systems are clear and in proper working order;
- Rectify and report serious deficiencies to PM promptly;
- Participation in team meetings with staff and/or contractors as required;
- Conduct regularly assigned Preventative Maintenance Program (PMP) assignments/programs;
- Conduct regular, thorough inspections of common areas, mechanical and electrical areas;
- Coordinate with outside Contractors as required/delegated, ensuring all safety, security and maintenance regulations are complied with, including communication with all other affected Employees or Tenants within the Building;
- Work shifts as required, attending to any Tenant service requests of Building/Fire Protection alarms;
- Participate in rotating on call schedule;
- Respond effectively and promptly to all after hours emergencies while on call;
- Cooperate with PM’s and Leasing staff in achieving company objectives;
- Complete assigned projects and tasks as required and in a timely manner;
- Work with PM on construction tenders and oversee work, as assigned in contract tendering and oversee contracts as assigned;
- Perform basic carpentry, painting & preparation, plumbing and electrical repair, maintenance, and troubleshooting,
- Ensure that the buildings HVAC, lighting and plumbing systems are in clean and good working condition; repair and maintain as appropriate or coordinate with a 3rd party service provider;
- Routinely inspect and keep tidy all commercial vacant premises and exterior property within the portfolio;
- Perform landscaping duties; lawn mowing, pruning, raking leaves, and watering, if required;
- Perform snow removal duties that may include snow shoveling and conduct onsite inspections managing third party contractors;
- Appliance replacement and relocations; furniture relocation and disposal, as necessary;
- Be available to respond to emergency calls as scheduled outside normal business hours;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent communication, organization, time management skills, and a strong ability to work independently upholding the Core Values of Argus Group of companies;
- Develop and maintain collaborative and professional relationships with Argus Tenants, Vendors and Customers;
- Strong repair and maintenance skills; solid knowledge and experience in residential plumbing, electrical, and carpentry;
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience;
- Ability to prioritize work efficiently under pressure and in a timely manner;
- Highly organized; must keep documentation, paperwork, and tools neat and orderly at all times for reliability;
- Must have own hand tools, and be proficient in the safe use and operation of a variety of mechanical tools in the daily performance of the job responsibilities;
- Valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract necessary; the use of company vehicles and motorized equipment may be required;
- Routine heavy lifting is expected;
- Power engineering Certificate, BOMA Facilities Management courses and similar education or certification is an asset;
- Basic knowledge of the BC Building Code, Fire Code, WHIMIS and OHS regulations is an asset;
- First Aid, Fall Protection, courses are preferred.
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. We thank everyone in advance for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview and any next steps will be contacted.