Built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, excellence and an enduring commitment to community, Argus Properties is one of British Columbia's great companies. Based in Kelowna, with over 50 years in the industry, Argus owns, manages and develops a multi-disciplined real estate portfolio, including industrial, retail, office, residential and hotel properties.
We believe in responsible and sustainable development in our communities. Our dedication is to excellence and quality, and our promise to develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality and efficiency is our focus. Our extensive portfolio of properties include; innovative commercial buildings, hotels, modern residential developments and versatile business parks.
At the heart of our business is innovation, and the hardworking dedication of our employees, our main building blocks.
Why Join Argus?
- The focus is you.
- Challenging work with leading-edge innovation.
- A company-wide commitment to training and development for all individuals.
- Recognized as an individual, unique and supported throughout your career.
- Talented and friendly co-workers who love a good laugh!
- Company events where you can connect with the team.
- We are a diverse and inclusive group of people.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Leasing Associate is responsible for qualifying prospective clients to lease space within the Argus portfolio. Strong community partnerships are an essential component of the success of Argus and the ArgusAdvantage™ program, which offers additional resources to our community members through our connection with locally based community partners within the Okanagan.
The Leasing Associate will have an understanding of the real estate industry, with hands-on experience in the retail and office sector. Theyshould be competent in the interpretation and application of commercial lease agreements, as well as contract negotiation and administration. They must have a positive attitude, be professional, and able to handle themselves well in all situations with a strong focus on customer service. Strong written and verbal communication skills in a business environment is an indispensable asset.
- Qualify prospective clients to determine their needs and suitability as tenants for space and vacancies;
- Welcoming potential clients and providing outstanding service;
- Introduce clients to the ArgusAdvantage™ program and its values;
- Provide potential tenants with property tours, highlighting the valuable features of the building in order to convince customers and influence lease;
- Managing and leading tours of the premises in coordination with Property Management as well as negotiating leasing contracts in accordance with current policies, service availability and ongoing promotions;
- Contacting prospects, following up with them, and maintaining relationships;
- Negotiate leasing terms and conditions and close deals;
- Completing all business and legal documents required for the lease;
- Keeping current clients informed on issues pertaining to rates and prices as well as to leasing contract clauses and answering any question they may have;
- Maintain contact with lessees during their tenancy period to oversee their welfare and help resolve property issues;
- Follow up with new tenants to ensure satisfaction with their space and determine if they have further needs;
- Follow up with tenant improvements to ensure work orders have been completed correctly and in a timely manner;
- Stay knowledgeable of the property market status;
- Carrying out business development activities and drawing up new marketing strategies;
- Producing leasing activity reports and carrying out renewals as needed;
- Answer phone calls and give out leasing information per policy and procedure;
- Shop competition through phone calls and site market surveys;
- Create and prepare any newsletters, flyers and written summaries of available suites;
- Other tasks as assigned by the Managing Director.
- 3+ years commercial leasing experience, preferably in retail and office;
- Demonstrate a high level of client service and response;
- Professional presentation;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Maintain a professional and presentable appearance at all times;
- Self-starter with high degree of initiative, creativity and flexibility;
- Must be able to multi-task and adjust priorities appropriately;
- Proactive, collaborative approach to problem solving, seeking solutions;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and property management/leasing software would be an asset.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview and any next steps will be contacted.