Built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, excellence and an enduring commitment to community, Argus Properties is one of British Columbia's great companies. Based in Kelowna, British Columbia and in business for over 50 years, Argus owns, manages and develops a multi-disciplined real estate portfolio, including industrial, retail, office, residential and hotel properties.
We believe in responsible and sustainable development in our communities. Our extensive portfolio of properties include; innovative commercial/industrial buildings, hotels, modern residential developments and versatile business parks.
We take pride in our dedication to excellence, our reputation for quality, and our promise to find or develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality, sustainability and efficiency.
At the heart of our business is innovation, and the hardworking dedication of our employees, our main building blocks.
Why Join Argus?
- The focus is you.
- Challenging work with leading-edge innovation.
- A company-wide commitment to training and development for all individuals.
- Recognized as an individual, unique and supported throughout your career.
- Talented and friendly co-workers who love a good laugh!
- Company events where you can connect with the team.
- We are a diverse group of people, open to discussion and opinions.
As a Carpenter, you are depended upon to have great hand dexterity, an eye for detail and to be physically capable of performing the duties assigned. The successful candidate possesses a positive attitude, ability to work independently and in a team environment, striving to build and maintain long-term amicable working relationships. The position requires that you are self-motivated and work well with a limited amount of direct supervision while remaining engaged as a member of the construction team. You will comply with all Company health and safety standards, and applicable government regulations.
You will report to and take directions from the Project Superintendent, and/or assigned Site Supervisor(s), and as necessary, the assigned Project Manager, and the Director of Construction.
- General duties include but not limited to; digging, lifting, assembling, moving, operating equipment and machinery;
- Accurate layout and construction of work that is assigned;
- Following blueprints, plans and specifications;
- Carpentry duties include but not limited to; cut, fabricate, fit and install assigned work with highest precision;
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Experience as a Journeyman/woman Carpenter with Ticket (a copy must be provided);
- Concrete formwork, framing and finishing experience required;
- Previous tilt-up concrete, commercial, industrial and multi-unit residential carpentry experience is preferred;
- Experienced with equipment operation and layout;
- Proficient at reading and interpreting drawings and specifications;
- A clean BC driver’s abstract (copy must be provided);
- Reliable transportation and own vehicle (proof of insurance must be provided on hire);
- Minimum Level 1 First Aid (current copy must be provided) or obtained within 3 months from hire;
- Hearing Test (current copy must be provided);
- Own basic tools and personal protective equipment (PPE);
- Minimum of 3 references.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview and any next steps will be contacted.