Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator
Built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, excellence and an enduring commitment to community, Argus Properties is one of British Columbia's great companies. Based in Kelowna, with over 50 years in the industry, Argus owns, manages and develops a multi-disciplined real estate portfolio, including industrial, retail, office, residential and hotel properties.
We believe in responsible and sustainable development in our communities. Our dedication is to excellence and quality, and our promise to develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality and efficiency is our focus. Our extensive portfolio of properties include; innovative commercial buildings, hotels, modern residential developments and versatile business parks.
At the heart of our business is innovation, and the hardworking dedication of our employees, our main building blocks.
Why Join Argus?
- The focus is you.
- Challenging work with leading-edge innovation.
- A company-wide commitment to training and development for all individuals.
- Recognized as an individual, unique and supported throughout your career.
- Talented and friendly co-workers who love a good laugh!
- Company events where you can connect with the team.
- We are a diverse and inclusive group of people.
The Health & Safety and Environmental Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing safety protocols and duties as assigned, and be the Site First Aid Attendant. The HS&E Coordinator will also be responsible for general labour as assigned, and any other tasks as may be designated from time to time in connection with your responsibilities. You will report to and take directions from the Project Superintendent, and/or assigned Site Supervisor(s), and as necessary, the assigned Project Manager, and the Director of Construction.
- Supervises day-to-day activities within a particular construction workplace to eliminate accidents;
- Performs inspections on site to determine any form of hazards and develop policies and procedures to help eliminate hazards from the work environment;
- Ensures that workers are using proper protective equipment and following safety protocols;
- Implements policies and guidelines in accordance to WorkSafe BC to help reduce the risk of workplace accidents;
- Contributor to the Argus construction safety program and documentation;
- Provide safety training to workers as required;
- General duties include but not limited to; digging, lifting, assembling, moving, operating equipment and machinery;
- Accurate layout and construction of work that is assigned;
- Following blueprints, plans and specifications;
- Carpentry duties include but not limited to; cut, fabricate, fit and install assigned work with highest precision;
- Other tasks as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience doing general construction labour;
- Minimum Occupational First Aid (OFA) Level 2 certification;
- A clean BC driver’s abstract (copy must be provided);
- Able to work independently in a team environment;
- Strive to build and maintain long-term amicable working relationships;
- Excellent communication skills on all fronts;
- Good organizational abilities to coordinate the activities of other workers in safety-related matters;
- Proactive and diligent in safety and duties;
- Are mechanically inclined;
- Good health and fitness and be able to perform the physical duties of the job.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview and any next steps will be contacted.