Built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, excellence and an enduring commitment to community, Argus Properties is one of British Columbia's great companies. Based in Kelowna, with over 50 years in the industry, Argus owns, manages and develops a multi-disciplined real estate portfolio, including industrial, retail, office, residential and hotel properties.
We believe in responsible and sustainable development in our communities. Our dedication is to excellence and quality, and our promise to develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality and efficiency is our focus. Our extensive portfolio of properties include; innovative commercial buildings, hotels, modern residential developments and versatile business parks
We strive to encourage appreciation and respect for one another, and to work collaboratively as a team to focus our passion to drive the company forward as an innovator within the industry.
Why Join Argus?
- The focus is you.
- Challenging work with leading-edge innovation.
- A company-wide commitment to training and development for all individuals.
- Recognized as an individual, unique and supported throughout your career.
- Talented and friendly co-workers who love a good laugh!
- Company events where you can connect with the team.
- We are a diverse and inclusive group of people.
Reporting directly to the Director, Property Management, the Electrician will lay out, assemble, install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in buildings and other structures. The Electrician will work closely with the Property Management department on various real estate properties and hotel properties in coordination with the hospitality maintenance team.
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
- Pull wire through conduits and through holes in walls and floors
- Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment
- Install, replace and repair lighting fixtures and electrical control and distribution equipment, such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels
- Splice, join and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits
- Test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system, following installation, replacement or repair
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty components
- Troubleshoot problems and make timely repairs
- Connect electrical power to audio and visual communication equipment, signaling devices and heating and cooling systems
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.
- Install, maintain, and enhance electrical systems and components, including fuses, lights, and wiring
- Perform all work in a manner that meets and follows electrical codes, blueprints, and standards
- Test electrical systems and components to ensure proper functioning
- Complete required documentation of repairs and service information
- Ensure adequate inventory of necessary supplies and parts
- Calibrate equipment to provided specifications
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Director, Property Management.
Skills & Qualifications
- Completion of an electrician program at a technical or trade school preferred
- 3-5 years of electrical experience
- Comfortable reading and understanding electrical blueprints, schematics, and diagrams
- Working knowledge of electrical theory, and the associated principles, materials, and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to operate hand and power tools associated with electrical work
- Ability to calculate basic mathematical problems
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, climb, squat, reach, and kneel
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle is an asset, mileage is reimbursed.
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone in advance for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview and any next steps will be contacted.