Director of Hospitality
Built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, excellence and an enduring commitment to community, Argus Properties is one of British Columbia's great companies. Based in Kelowna, and celebrating its 50th year, Argus owns, manages and develops a multi-disciplined real estate portfolio, including industrial, retail, office, residential and hotel properties.
Headquartered in Kelowna, this unique opportunity will be headed by the Director of Hospitality, who will be responsible for the Four Points by Sheraton, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton, Eldorado Resort (comprising Hotel Eldorado & Marina and Manteo Resort), all located in Kelowna, and Home2 Suites by Hilton in Fort St. John.
We take pride in our dedication to excellence, our reputation for quality, and our promise to find or develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality, sustainability and efficiency.
We strive to encourage appreciation and respect for one another, and to work collaboratively as a team to focus our passion to drive the company forward as an innovator within the industry.
Reporting to the Managing Director, and other senior management as directed, the Director of Hospitality provides guidance and direction to the operational activities of the assigned hotels, including food & beverage and adhering to the mission of Argus Properties. Prior successful management experience with Marriott, Hilton and /or equivalent is preferred.
Qualified candidates will have General Manager and regional operations experience with limited-service and full service hotels, including resort hotels. The top candidate will have demonstrated the ability to drive revenue, manage costs and lead their teams to the highest level of guest satisfaction and brand standards.
- Customer and Client Relations
- Revenue Management
- Financial Management
- People Management
- Quality Management
- Safety and Security
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the senior management team and supports overall growth and development of all hotel properties;
- Assists in developing, communicating and implementing the hotel and food & beverage Mission, Vision and overall direction;
- Works collaboratively with direct reports to establish, monitor, and ensure delivery on strategic goals that align with established objectives of the organization;
- Acts as a primary liaison between Company and the Brand’s franchising groups; ensures that quality control is maintained as it pertains to brand standards;
- Supports the overall process of management and corporate decision-making to ensure the organization maximizes its short, medium and long term profitability and returns;
- Develops a broad and deep knowledge of all Company programs and provides creative solutions to organizational and operation challenges;
- Prepares & is responsible for an annual operating & capital expenditure budget plans for all hotels, including initiatives to maximize revenue & streamline operations expenses;
- Leads, coaches, develops and retains a high-performance team;
- Conducts regular meetings with direct reports to ensure that priorities are clear and coordinated;
- Oversees and ensures the effectiveness of direct reports;
- Fosters effective communication, accountability, and ownership; supports an organizational culture that promotes initiative, appropriate risk-taking, learning, creativity, cooperation, equity, and mutual respect;
- Proactively identifies internal opportunities and challenges and works with the senior management team and other appropriate staff to maximize opportunities and effectively resolve challenges;
- Facilitates the resolution of personnel issues and manages priorities and organizational projects as needed;
- Analyzes current technology infrastructure to determine systems that support the growth of the company and specific needs;
- Evaluates the effectiveness of management practices, processes and activities; recommends or otherwise ensures appropriate measures are taken to maximize the performance of all operations;
- Works with the senior management team to establish and monitor financial and other operations performance reporting systems; provides comprehensive and timely financial information;
- Produces timely, accurate, and complete reports on the state of operations to the senior management team, with the continued goal to meet and exceed capital and annual budgeted plans;
- Works with the senior management team to recommend & identify strategic internal and external opportunities that will result in bottom line growth of the Company;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- 15+ years’ experience in different management posts in the hospitality industry with a minimum of 3 years in a multi-unit manager position;
- Strong financial background, administrative skills;
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal;
- Understands Food and Beverage, service, culinary and cost controls.
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. We thank everyone in advance for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview and any next steps will be contacted.