Director of Finance
Built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, excellence and an enduring commitment to community, Argus Properties is one of British Columbia's great companies. Based in Kelowna, and celebrating its 50th year, Argus owns, manages and develops a multi-disciplined real estate portfolio, including industrial, retail, office, residential and hotel properties.
As Director of Finance, the successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to lead the accounting and finance functions, and will have a proven track record in driving real estate financing transactions through to successful closings.
- Provide financial leadership and strategic direction to the accounting and finance teams for both the Property development and Hospitality divisions, including:
- Provide financial analysis, forecasting and budgeting;
- Ensure robust financial reporting is timely and meaningful;
- Manage treasury and liquidity needs;
- Set and maintain performance metrics;
- Implement internal controls and procedures;
- Liaise with external accountants and own the tax efficiency domain.
- Utilize deal acumen and entrepreneurial experience to drive transactions in the following areas:
- Renewal of existing debt financing contracts and new transactions;
- Construction and project financings up to $100M;
- Property acquisitions;
- Business acquisitions;
- Equity and Joint Venture relationships.
- Reporting directly with the President and Managing Director to set corporate strategy and review potential investments;
- Maintain existing and build new relationships in finance, lending, and legal realms;
- Work with senior managers of other divisions (property management, leasing, construction, hospitality) to ensure goals and objectives or the organization are being met;
- Oversee the Insurance program and risk management;
- Assist with legal issues that may arise.
- CPA is required, MBA and/or CFA is a plus.
- Minimum 10+ years leading teams in the financing & accounting functions.
- Strong knowledge of real estate finance.
- Strong financial modeling and valuation skills.
- Experience in a variety of commercial real estate and hotel financings.
- Takes personal ownership and has uncompromised ethics and integrity.
- Self-motivated and possesses a high level of professionalism.
- Team oriented, motivated, and collaborative with proven results.
- Proven problem solving skills and strong leadership abilities and attention to detail.
- Strong banking relationships.
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills with the ability to work effectively in an individual setting.
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone in advance for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview and any next steps will be contacted.