Built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, excellence and an enduring commitment to community, Argus Properties is one of British Columbia's great companies. Based in Kelowna, with over 50 years in the industry, Argus owns, manages and develops a multi-disciplined real estate portfolio, including industrial, retail, office, residential and hotel properties.
We believe in responsible and sustainable development in our communities. Our dedication is to excellence and quality, and our promise to develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality and efficiency is our focus. Our extensive portfolio of properties include; innovative commercial buildings, hotels, modern residential developments and versatile business parks.
At the heart of our business is innovation, and the hardworking dedication of our employees, our main building blocks.
Why Join Argus?
- The focus is you.
- Challenging work with leading-edge innovation.
- A company-wide commitment to training and development for all individuals.
- Recognized as an individual, unique and supported throughout your career.
- Talented and friendly co-workers who love a good laugh!
- Company events where you can connect with the team.
- We are a diverse group of people, open to discussion and opinions.
Reporting directly to the Director of Construction, the Development Planner will be responsible for developing and executing on strategic plans for securing ideal properties for development and zoning. The incumbent will be responsible for initiating and establishing partnerships with City Council, potential tenants, investors, and other parties involved in securing projects. The Development Manager will work in liaison with the leasing department to address the requirements, and provide information as necessary to fulfill the tenant’s expectations. The individual must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is result-driven, and community oriented. The ideal individual will possess the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, have strong written, and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, able to multi-task, and have the ability to effectively prioritize workflow. The Development Planner will have the ability to work independently on projects, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities, and confidential matters with discretion.
- Responsible for real estate related projects and project management across Western Canada;
- Identified potential sites for new lease locations and development opportunities.
- Negotiated and administered real estate transactions (leases, purchases and other land rights);
- Supported and analyzed sales estimates and financial analysis;
- Present relevant information and materials to senior management as well as Council and community groups;
- Directed the development of site plans and building plans;
- Directed legal counsel and interpreted/analyzed legal contracts;
- Manage various consultants (example: engineers, architects, foresters, realtors, and appraisers);
- Attained all governing authority approvals up to and including development permits, utility right of ways, servicing agreements, signage permits, zoning amendments and subdivisions;
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Formal post-secondary education in Business preferred;
- 1-3 years’ experience in similar development role;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat;
- Background in zoning, development, documentation and contracts;
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships;
- Highly resourceful, team player;
- Proactive approaches to problem solving;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion;
- Ability to work independently;
- Be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate a high level of client service and response;
- Meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Forward thinking and seeks solutions.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview and any next steps will be contacted.