Argus Properties is Kelowna’s fastest growing privately owned and operated real estate investment and development companies. With over 45 years in business, we have a proven track record of success, and the expertise to provide exceptional service in the areas of leasing, project management, property management, and construction.
Headquartered in Kelowna, British Columbia, we believe in responsible and sustainable development in our communities. Our extensive portfolio of properties include; innovative commercial buildings, hotels, modern residential developments and versatile business parks. We take pride in our dedication to excellence, our reputation for quality, and our promise to find or develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality, sustainability and efficiency.
At the heart of our business is innovation, and the hardworking dedication of our employees, our main building blocks.
Why Join Argus?
- The focus is you.
- Challenging work with leading-edge innovation.
- A company-wide commitment to training and development for all individuals.
- Recognized as an individual, unique and supported throughout your career.
- Talented and friendly co-workers who love a good laugh!
- Company events where you can connect with the team.
- We are a diverse group of people, open to discussion and opinions.
The Construction Assistant will work closely and cooperatively with Project Managers, Construction Crew, and report directly to the Director of Construction. The individual is responsible for performing various construction administrative duties involving the construction process, tendering and contract preparation. The Construction Assistant must be comfortable with general office operations, including electronic correspondence, filing, and typing reports. Understanding of the building project process from design stage to permitting is an asset. The Construction Assistant may work on new commercial, industrial and multi-family residential construction, tenant improvements and various maintenance and renovation projects. This position requires a self-motivated professional who is capable of working independently, and has strong organizational skills to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with the Director of Construction to assist with general administrative duties for the construction department;
- Project startup procedures including site temp power, site phones, trailers, washrooms, Notice of Projects, and assist in safety document preparation;
- File set up (new project sets and as department requires);
- Progress draw spreadsheets (set up & data entry – insurance, WCB, contractor, LT, contact info);
- Training course arrangements and tracking (site safety and office);
- Sort and distribute Construction Dept. mail;
- Print and assemble drawing sets for department as requested;
- Issue PO’s for Construction minor items;
- Order signs for new project sites (as requested by department);
- Assist obtaining Development and Building Permit(s);
- Issue and receive tender and prepare construction contract in consultation with construction team;
- Assist in the preparation of municipality Development Proposal and Building Permit application packages;
- Assist in maintaining project digital and hardcopy records;
- Set a good example for safety at all times;
- Actively promote the Argus Properties Occupational Health and Safety Program and support the Site Superintendent’s jobsite implementation of the Program;
- Ensure contractors complete non-work aspects of their contracts, such as warranty certificates, operation and maintenance information, and as-built drawings;
- Coordinate and respond to Requests for Information between trades and contractors;
- Coordinate final inspections and submittals in order to receive the Occupancy/Temporary Occupancy Permit for the project.
Qualifications & Skills
- Working towards a Degree/Technology Diploma in Civil Engineering/Architecture, or a combination of education and related industry experience; Strong preference will be given towards construction administration experience
- Strong work ethic; able to work productively, equally with minimum supervision or cooperatively and collaboratively in a team;
- Experience with the project administration process from pre-project design to post project;
- Must be able to multi-task and adjust priorities appropriately;
- Collaborative approach to problem solving;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Windows (Outlook, Word, Excel), and Adobe Acrobat;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail orientated
- Strong reporting and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and able to deliver within target timelines
Contract is for 6 months
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview and any next steps will be contacted.