Commercial Property Accountant
Argus Properties is Kelowna’s fastest growing privately owned and operated real estate investment and development companies. With 50 years in business, we have a proven track record of success, and the expertise to provide exceptional service in the areas of leasing, project management, property management, and construction.
Headquartered in Kelowna, British Columbia, we believe in responsible and sustainable development in our communities. Our extensive portfolio of properties include; innovative commercial buildings, hotels, modern residential developments and versatile business parks.
We take pride in our dedication to excellence, our reputation for quality, and our promise to find or develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality, sustainability and efficiency.
At the heart of our business is innovation, and the hardworking dedication of our employees, our main building blocks.
Why Join Argus?
- The focus is you.
- Challenging work with leading-edge innovation.
- A company-wide commitment to training and development for all individuals.
- Recognized as an individual, unique and supported throughout your career.
- Talented and friendly co-workers who love a good laugh!
- Company events where you can connect with the team.
- We are a diverse group of people, open to discussion and opinions.
Reporting directly to the Corporate Controller, the Commercial Property Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day and month-to-month property and entity level transactions in their assigned portfolio as dictated by the deadlines established within the annual accounting cycle. This person is professional, highly organized and detailed oriented. The Commercial Property Accountant can prioritize and complete work efficiently in a timely manner, possesses strong problem solving skills and has the ability to analyze and provide analytical reasoning. The individual will have an ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a professional manner to other team members; promoting cooperation and understanding in the various processes that they are involved in.
- Work with team members to ensure completion of accounting cycle checklist and deadlines.
- Review and approve online bill payments.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Review and approve A/P batches as they relate to construction or materiality thresholds.
- Prepare monthly reports for all financial aspects of properties and companies within their portfolio.
- Record monthly BA Note Swaps (mortgages).
- Setup new & revised commercial lease tenancies in the accounting system and rent packages.
- Prepare and post all monthly AR rents, invoicing, cash receipts, write-offs and reporting.
- Prepare and post the AR side of monthly property management and intercorporate fees.
- Prepare annual operating cost recoveries reconciliations including recoverable amortizations and reserves.
- Prepare annual property forecasts and budgets including leasing, capital & operations.
- Prepare GST reconciliations and assist with GST audits as they arise.
- Track annual property tax assessments, bills, their subsequent payments and expense adjustments.
- Prepare monthly Work in Process reporting.
- Assist with job cost reporting and report preparation.
- Contribute to the recording of WIP closing/transfer entries and amortization setups as needed.
- Account for annual property insurance premiums turnovers.
- Prepare individual company fiscal year end working paper files in their assigned portfolio.
- Provide vacation coverage for other Commercial Property Accountants.
- Coordinate tasks with other departments.
- Assist with various adhoc accounting tasks as requested by senior management.
- Accounting diploma is a requirement.
- 5 years’ experience in accounting.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager would be an asset.
- Strong work ethic; able to work productively, with minimum supervision or collaboratively in a team.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview and any next steps will be contacted.