Built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, excellence and an enduring commitment to community, Argus Properties is one of British Columbia's great companies. Based in Kelowna, with over 50 years in the industry, Argus owns, manages and develops a multi-disciplined real estate portfolio, including industrial, retail, office, residential and hotel properties.
We believe in responsible and sustainable development in our communities. Our dedication is to excellence and quality, and our promise to develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality and efficiency is our focus. Our extensive portfolio of properties include; innovative commercial buildings, hotels, modern residential developments and versatile business parks.
At the heart of our business is innovation, and the hardworking dedication of our employees, our main building blocks.
Why Join Argus?
- The focus is you.
- Challenging work with leading-edge innovation.
- A company-wide commitment to training and development for all individuals.
- Recognized as an individual, unique and supported throughout your career.
- Talented and friendly co-workers who love a good laugh!
- Company events where you can connect with the team.
- We are a diverse and inclusive group of people.
Reporting directly to the Corporate Controller, the Commercial Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day and month-to-month property and entity level transactions in their assigned portfolio as dictated by the deadlines established within the annual accounting cycle. This person is professional, highly organized and detailed oriented. The ideal candidate has the ability to prioritize, complete work efficiently and in a timely manner. They must possess daily problem solving skills, with the ability to reasonably analyze data and provide clear communication to other departments.
- Work with team members to ensure completion of accounting cycle checklist and deadlines;
- Review and approve online bill payments;
- Prepare bank reconciliations;
- Review and approve A/P batches as they relate to materiality thresholds;
- Prepare monthly reports for all financial aspects of properties and companies within their portfolio;
- Record monthly BA Note Swaps (mortgages);
- Setup new & revised commercial lease tenancies in the accounting system and rent packages;
- Prepare and post all monthly AR rents, invoicing, cash receipts, write-offs and reporting;
- Prepare and post the AR side of monthly property management and intercorporate fees;
- Prepare annual operating cost recoveries reconciliations including recoverable amortizations and reserves;
- Prepare annual property forecasts and budgets including leasing, capital & operations;
- Prepare GST reconciliations and assist with GST audits as they arise;
- Track annual property tax assessments, bills, their subsequent payments and expense adjustments;
- Assist with job cost reporting and report preparation;
- Contribute to the recording of WIP closing/transfer entries and amortization setups as needed;
- Account for annual property insurance premiums turnovers;
- Provide vacation coverage for other Commercial Property Accountants;
- Foster a strong working relationship with team members, to ensure the operational and corporate goals of the organization are being met to the best of the abilities of the accounting group as a whole;
- Coordinate tasks with other departments;
- Assist with various adhoc accounting tasks as requested by senior management.
- Strong work ethic; able to work productively, with minimum supervision or collaboratively in a team.
- Accounting diploma is a requirement;
- Any co-op or accounting experience is an asset.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview and any next steps will be contacted.