Accounts Payable Support
Argus Properties is Kelowna’s fastest growing privately owned and operated real estate investment and development companies. With 50 years in business, we have a proven track record of success, and the expertise to provide exceptional service in the areas of leasing, project management, property management, and construction.
Headquartered in Kelowna, British Columbia, we believe in responsible and sustainable development in our communities. Our extensive portfolio of properties include; innovative commercial buildings, hotels, modern residential developments and versatile business parks. We take pride in our dedication to excellence, our reputation for quality, and our promise to find or develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality, sustainability and efficiency. At the heart of our business is innovation, and the hardworking dedication of our employees, our main building blocks.
Why Join Argus?
- The focus is you.
- Challenging work with leading-edge innovation.
- A company-wide commitment to training and development for all individuals.
- Recognized as an individual, unique and supported throughout your career.
- Talented and friendly co-workers who love a good laugh!
- Company events where you can connect with the team.
- We are a diverse group of people, open to discussion and opinions.
This position is part of the Accounts Payable and Administration teams assisting with the daily A/P transactions related to coding invoices, data entry, online payments and cheque runs as well as providing coverage for reception. The person in this role is highly organized, detailed oriented and is able to complete work in an efficient and timely manner.
You will work closely and collaboratively with the Accounting team, and report directly to the Corporate Controller.
The role is a full-time job with a commitment of 40 hours weekly.
- Receive, match and code assigned invoice groups;
- Batch invoices with purchase orders;
- Make on line payments for specified invoices;
- Prepare hospitality cheque runs and assist with commercial cheque runs as needed;
- Maintain and update utility spreadsheet;
- Cover reception during lunch hour and when needed;
- Miscellaneous tasks as required;
- Other duties not specifically named here butwhich may be required by the Controllers or Director of Finance.
- Strong work ethic; able to work productively, equally with minimum supervision or cooperatively and collaboratively in a team;
- Minimum of 2 years direct experience;
- Accounting diploma or degree is an asset, but not a requirement.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview and any next steps will be contacted.